Monday, May 26, 2008

My Husband, the Adventurer











This past Saturday we decided to head up to the mountains. It was supposed to be rainy but the weather was perfect! These pictures were at a place high up on Harrison pass. The boulders are so cool there.

Beau saw this huge rock and decided to help the kids climb up. I am thankful that he is full of wonder and adventure. I am such a scaredy cat that left to me, my kids would grow up not experiencing anything with the slightest element of danger. He even got me to climb the thing too. There was a moment that I nearly had an anxiety attack...but I just had to look away from my kids on the edge of that cliff and take some deep breaths. It was so beautiful there that it was easy to ground myself again.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Annette Rose said...

Way to go Joy! Good for you. Looks like lots of fun! I knew that adventurous streak was in there somewhere. :) Glad you are back from your blogging break!

Kareen Bailey said...

Isn't nice how couples balance each other out! I'm glad everyone had fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun. I am like you in a sense. I look for fun and adventure in those other "safe" places. Love ya tons.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by Mommy What's For Dinner. Nice to "meet" you. I lived in Nevada for 7 years, and my cousins are in Kennewick. What part of NV are you in?

Dawn said...

WOW! Way to go Joy! It is always good to have a husband that will make you and your kids try new things!!