Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Deer in Lamoille





Mmmm...them are gooood seeds!
(after living in Arkansas I am convinced deer speak with southern accents and have horrific grammar...even the Nevada deer)
Posted by Picasa
Sunday, the kids and I took a drive up to a little town at the base of the Ruby mountains called Lamoille. There is a residential street there called Deer Ln. Apparently every year a whole crew of deer come down the mountain and winter in this little neighborhood. They were so beautiful (yes, I like to look at them...not shoot and eat them). They were completely nonchalant about our gawking. The deer in the last few pictures walked right up to our car so we rolled down the window and it seemed almost as curious about us as we were about it. The kids found some sunflower seeds and began throwing them out the window. The deer seemed to love them...hopefully sunflower seeds aren't toxic to deer...

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, I love your close-up pictures! I can't believe that they come that close. They must feel pretty secure.

What beautiful creatures!

Kareen Bailey said...

I like the editing you have done on your pictures - very pretty.

Annette Rose said...

That is so Awesome that they come so close. The pictures are beautiful, of the deer and the mountains. Scary story about Chase. That would've freaked me out!

Unknown said...

I live in Elko. Long time ago I did the www.elkorose.com site. Haven't done any updates in years. Enjoyed your deer pictures. Especially the close-up of the deer eating sunflower seeds. The deer have been their in the Lamoille grove for as long as I can remember. Best wishes in all you do. Dan

Dawn said...

What a cool place! I love the new header!

Joy said...

Thanks. We took that picture that day too.

megalonis said...

I like the picture of the deer sticking his tounge out the best
its funny