Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lots of Love for Sadie



Here goes another post about dogs...

This is our sweet little Sadie Lu. She is a 3 1/2-month-old Jack Russel Terrier mix with a whole lot of spunk. Unfortunately, she lost all that spunk last week when she contracted Parvovirus.

Some of you may be thinking, "Wait, don't they immunize dogs for that terrible disease?"

The answer is yes, they ("they", apparently meaning people other than me) do. I had this great idea to wait until we moved to immunize her. It was one of those things that kept nagging at me because I knew I needed to do it. But I wanted to save a bunch of money by doing the immunizations ourselves (which is illegal in Arkansas). I thought, "Eh, nothing bad will happen. It's not like she's going to get rabies or anything." But she did get something terrible!

I will never let a pet go without their immunizations again! Seeing her on the brink of death has been an awful thing to watch. We are just so thankful that she made it through.

2 comments:

Dyana said...

Joy, where are you? Are you moving AGAIN? Keep me posted. Love you, Dyana

Melanie said...

Okay, little missy....I'm checking your blog almost every day to hear your updates! Do you have a moving date yet?

Yes, I don't have my own blog, but I love to stalk other peoples'. :)