Sunday, October 7, 2007

Our BIG Kid


So, our youngest turned 6 last month. I can't believe how fast life goes by! He was born 6 days before September 11th happened and it just seems like yesterday! All he wants to be when he grows up is a soldier.

The other day I asked him if he is going to get married someday. His response was, "No-o, Mom! I'm going to be a soldier." Like-DUH, mom! (OK, so he has told me this many times before...it's just too funny not to ask again.)


So, I said, "Well, where are you going to live?"


"I'm going to be in the war." Still with this impatient attitude-duh mom? Don't you know anything?


I pressed him further, "Well, where will you live when you come home from the war?"


"I'm going to live with you guys."

"Oh, really?" I asked.


"Yep!"


At least he has it all figured out!



SIX
When I was One, I had just begun
When I was Two, I was nearly new.
When I was Three, I was hardly me.
When I was Four, I was not much more.
When I was Five, I was just alive.
But now I am Six, I am clever as clever.
So, I think I'll be six now forever and ever.
-The End, by A.A. Milne

1 comments:

The Giffords said...

Very Sweet!! Good Job on your blog. It is looking good and of course now you have a new addiction!! ha ha