Saturday, July 5, 2008

La Fiesta


Last night we decided to watch the city fireworks from the park. There was a very festive spirit...but it was the first time I have ever watched 4th of July fireworks to Mexican fiesta music. It really cracked me up! We had fun though!

And, for those of you in Utah, I have to put a plug in for the best 4th of July festivities ever! (I should have posted this before the 4th-but there's always next year.) The little town of Huntsville up Ogden canyon has the absolute best 4th celebration! They have a beautiful park lined on all sides with huge evergreen trees. All day they have fun things for the kids to do. They have lots of fair type booths set up and small rides and you can bring a picnic. If you need more to do during the day, the lake is just behind the park. Then at about 6 or 7 pm they have a dj near a stage area that plays fun, silly music that your whole family can dance to. Then, when its dark everyone lays down on blankets on the grass and they shoot the fireworks directly over the park...like sparks are flying down on you and they blast beautiful patriotic music during the whole thing. I absolutely love it! We were sad not to be there this year. When we lived in UT, we went every year and the kids still ask every year to go back...Maybe next year.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Too funny!!! I would have been laughing the whole time too! What country are we in??

Joy said...

Yes, pretty ironic for the 4th of July...but we are quite the melting pot here, aren't we?

Dawn said...

What? Huntsville is not too far away from me!! Every city dose their own celebration so you kind of have to check them out and remember next year which one you liked! I agree with Melanie...what is up with the music?

Anonymous said...

Joy, you crack me up. I love it. And I also should put a plug in for the Utah festivities... the fireworks here are SUPER good, we go to the lake and the reflection is awesome too, but I have to admit the best part of our parade are the elephants and the camels. Other than that it was a whole lot of politics and old cars. Anyway, we still had fun, but I miss the marching bands and the floats from the Utah parades. Love you tons.

Annette Rose said...

That music is too funny. Sounds like it was fun. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

megalonis said...

I loved those Utah fireworks
the would spark about 30 ft right over your head
Brooke was afraid the 2 tme we went there
she thought they would catch her on fire or somthing

The Giffords said...

That is really funny and a little odd. Glad you got a good laugh!!

Dyana said...

Where have you been lady? I haven't heard from you in a long time. If you are in town on August 30th, Bruce & I are getting sealed & would love to have you there.