Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Top 10 Tuesday Favorite Bushisms



I just want to preface this by saying that I'm not a hater...but he is a funny son of a gun sometimes!

10. "I suspect that had my dad not been president, he'd be asking the same questions: How'd your meeting go with so-and-so? … How did you feel when you stood up in front of the people for the State of the Union Address-state of the budget address, whatever you call it." -George W. Bush, in an interview with the Washington Post, March 9, 2001

9. "Wow! Brazil is big." --George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil, Nov. 6, 2005

8. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." --George W. Bush, Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

7. "Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican." -George W. Bush, declining to take reporters' questions during a photo op with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, April 21, 2001

6. "I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 25, 2004

5. "I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." -George W. Bush, at a White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

4. "When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. Sept. 19, 2001

3. "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --George W. Bush, Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

2. "I can press when there needs to be pressed; I can hold hands when there needs to be -- hold hands." --George W. Bush, on how he can contribute to the Middle East peace process, Washington, D.C., Jan. 4, 2008

1. "Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech." --George W. Bush, to Pope Benedict, Washington, D.C., April 15, 2008 (Watch video clip)

If you'd like to see more...I found my favorites at http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm.

9 comments:

megalonis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
megalonis said...

why is he hugging a bunny?

JN Designs said...

Those are something else!

Dawn said...

WoW!!! NO wonder he is made fun of all the time. #8 is disturbing!

megalonis said...

WILL ANY1 ANSURE MY QUESTION!!!!????

Joy said...

Some of them are disturbing, aren't they? Not a great orator!

Megan, it was probably Easter. I just thought it was a funny picture.

Annette Rose said...

So I thought I posted this earlier, but I don't see it...
How did you get the dates people post new posts on your sidebar? I need to do that!

Joy said...

It is a new thing. If you go to your layout, then add a page element. Then you will see that they have a new option called "Blog List". You have to copy and paste from your other list. Sometimes mine doesn't update right away. I haven't quite figured out how it works. But it is nice to not have to check everyone's blog all the time to see if they have a new post.

Melanie said...

I love reading Bush-isms....he certainly gives comedians a lot to work with!

That blog list thing is interesting. I use Google Reader and just add each blog I go to as a subscription and so when I want to see who has updated, I just go to the Google Reader and it tells you as soon as someone posts a new one. That has saved me a lot of time!