Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Great Teachers

Chase and Mrs. Winsley
Brookelynn and Mrs. Burns

Megan and Mrs. Waldvogel
Posted by Picasa
So, school started yesterday here and I forgot to take first day of school pictures! Who does that??? I do have last day of school pictures from last year though. We have made it a kind of tradition to take pictures with the kids teachers on the last day of school. My kids have been blessed with some excellent teachers. Mrs. Winsley was definitely a God-send for Chase last year. And Mrs. Waldvogel and Megan got along like two peas in a pod. Megan has had some teachers that don't work as well for her. She has also had some absolute gems who really see her talents and help her to excel. I have noticed that for each of my children. And, a teacher that is a perfect fit for one kid may not be for the next. They are all so individual! That is why I spend a lot of my summers praying my heart out that my kids will get the best teacher for them. The right teacher makes all the difference in their behavior, attitude and academics. Don't you think?

7 comments:

Dawn said...

TOTALLY!!!! I think a teacher can either make a child love or hate school. I think it is soo important!

JN Designs said...

I totally agree on having the right teacher. I hope your kids have a wonderful year!!

megalonis said...

mine and Mrs. Waldvoga's ( the teacher im standing with in the picture)
hair is really short now

Annette Rose said...

I totally agree. I think the teacher makes or breaks the year and can totally affect how kids do or think of school. I remember my brother, Brent, had a teacher that once told my mom she "didn't like boys" and was really hard on him. He hated school forever after that. It totally changed his attitude and behavior. So sad... People should not teach if they just don't love it! They are too influential on little lives.

Joy said...

Totally! Teachers need to love it! I knew I was not cut out to teach elementary when I went on a field trip with Megan's class last year and Mrs. Waldvogel was just as fascinated with little new things as the kids were. You can even see it in her face in the picture with Megan. She is probably about 50 years old but her spirit is so youthful and fun and she still has such a love for learning and discovering! It makes all the difference! I marvel at those that have that gift.

The Giffords said...

Wow, I miss you guys so much. Hope all is well!!

Kareen Bailey said...

I hope you love all the new teachers this year too!