Thursday, April 3, 2008

Please excuse the rambling...I am a lazy blogger today...but this is about a lamb

Brookelynn Kay loves that lamby!


Look at my poor confused puppy in the corner, "What is that thing doing in my house, mom!"


This picture cracks me up...our little Sadie and little Bucky are just about the same size.
Meet Buckingham...or "Bucky" for short. Beau's parents raise sheep. They leave them to winter at a friend's who has a larger ranch so, last Monday it was time to pick them up and bring them home. Beau and the kids went along. I stayed home for a few hours of uninterupted cleaning :)...perhaps, I should have come too, though.
Apparently, when they were out at this friend's ranch she said they had a leppy lamb (his mom had died) and asked if Beau wanted it. Of course, my husband jumped! He raised sheep growing up, was in FFA and won all kinds of awards showing his lambs (which is a real riot if you have a chance to watch at the fair) so lambs are near and dear to his heart.
Anyway, I am rambling. Fact is, we have a lamb. We live in town, so soon it will migrate out to Beau's mom and dad's house. It is darling and has to be bottle fed, but I think it is lonely for its own kind. When it gets to bleating out in the back yard I send Sadie (our dog) out to keep it company. The kids love it too. My biggest fear is that the neighbors will call the police and they'll come knocking on our door at 2 in the morning...Eek! But all is well so far!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Melanie said...

So cute!! I love that picture with Brookelynn. She has beautiful eyes. :) Maybe you should just housetrain it and keep it in the house. Wouldn't that be a riot when people come over to your house?

Joy said...

Housetraining a lamb is an interesting thought. Considering that it will likely grow into a 200pound ram...I think I will pass.

The other disturbing fact that makes housetraining seem a bit far fetched is that a dog, for example, would never urinate nor deficate (I apologize for being so graphic) in its bed. This particular lamb, however, will stand up in its bed, poop, then lay back down right on top of it.

It is a very cute lamb, though!

Dawn said...

EWWW! No thanks, but it would be so fun for the kids to take care of and bottle feed it...how sweet. And I second melanies commen, brooklynn's eyes are amazing!!

DeAynne said...

It sounds like you are having lots of fun!!! Kevan would be jealous. Although, I'm certain that you are a nicer mom than I. Lots of love to you all.

Annette Rose said...

That is a riot! Congrats on your new pet! You'll have to keep us posted on how its going.

Dyana said...

Joy....check out the family BLOG....I think we may start using this instead of emailing a newsletter.