Saturday, September 13, 2008

Obama is Coming to Elko

Some time ago I signed up to receive updates on the Obama campaign by email and I receive a lot of information about local rallies and stuff, which I usually never even open. Today, though, I received this email that Obama is coming to Elko. (The cat is now out of the bag...I have never before written on my blog the name of the cute little Nevada town that we live in.) I am so shocked I can't even believe it. I clicked on the link to RSVP and it says that you have to be at the appointed place at 9:30 on Wednesday morning. I really want to go to this thing...but my Journalism class is from 9:30-noon on Wednesdays. Ugh!
If it were a class that were multiple times a week, I would totally skip it to go to this Obama event. Last Wednesday though, my Journ. teacher said that this Wednesday will be the most important class of the semester and to absolutely not miss it. Since it is a journalism class and having Obama in Elko of all places is such a newsworthy event, I'm thinking maybe we can talk Mr. Wyoming Rossett (my teacher) into letting us go on a field trip! Right?
If he doesn't go for that I will probably head over to the event after class anyway. I am guessing that this is one of those things where you show up at 9:30 am and there is a lot of hooping and hollaring by local democratic party leaders warming up the crowd and then finally around 1 or 2 in the afternoon maybe Obama will actually show up for 15 minutes. Don't you think?

2 comments:

Kareen Bailey said...

It was so fun to answer the phone with you on the other end! I was serious of finding a time for us to get together again.
You should go to see Obama - even if it's just for me! :) I'm sure that's a good enough reason to get out of class right? Good luck with your classes you are taking. If you can carry that heavy of a class load you put the rest of us to shame!

Joy said...

I might go just for you, Kareen. At the very least I'll think of you when (if) I see him:)