Friday, September 26, 2008

OK, Maybe this is Beau's first love...

Chase

A cool tree Beau found on their mountain adventures. I love trees!
Brookelynn and Pilot
A while ago I said softball was Beau's first love...but I think I missed the boat on that one. Hunting definitely takes the cake as his absolute favorite thing. He takes the kids out one at a time. Monday, he and Brookelynn took Beau's sister and brother-in-law's bird dog, Pilot and shot some blue grouse. It is all completely disgusting to me. I rarely eat any meat at all, as most of you know...and certainly not little forest creatures killed by my family, but my kids love it. The bird Brooke is holding is actually the one she shot. Ew!
Chase and Beau went up a different mountain on Saturday to look for deer. Beau is revving up for deer season that starts in a few weeks. He is like a kid that can't wait for Christmas. I really don't get it. But he and the kids love it all. Megan gets to go next deer hunting.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I can't imagine what life would be like married to a hunter. Jeremy shot a couple of deer on the ranch his grandma has in Ashland when he was younger. He thought it was great until one of the deer he shot was still alive and suffering when he got to it and it affected him. He's never been hunting since.

But, the most important thing is that your kids have something they can do with their dad, great bonding time that they'll always remember. :)

Joy said...

Beau has a really interesting reverence for anything he hunts. He insists on eating all edible parts of the animal...(the heart and liver included). He has the same attitude about trees he cuts down. When we were going to move to Alaska and had some land there that Beau was clearing, he would talk about how sad it made him to cut down those trees. I guess I am glad that he respects the things in nature he uses...but the whole meat thing I will never understand.

You're right, it is great one-on-one time for him and the kids. They absolutely love that time with him.

Dawn said...

WOW I cannot believe that she shot that herself! I am not a big meat eater either!

Dyana said...

Joy Darling! Next time you arre in Utah.....stop by & visit. I MISS you! Love ya!