Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ah, the sun!


I took these pictures the beginning of September. I keep looking at them and love them more every time I see them. The day I took them, I was driving home from dropping the kids off at school and had to pull over when I saw how these sunflowers were literally basking in the sun. I could just imagine tiny smurf-like voices sighing, "Aaaah! We love the sun!" Every one of them was pointing right into the sun leaning back to catch all of its rays. It makes me think of Laura Ingalls in the "Little House on the Prairie" opening credits when she is leaning back with her arms open, taking the sun and the beauty of the day in. The carefree life of a sunflower.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dawn said...

So funny! I totally agree. Sunflowers make me happy. Happy birthday to your little girl I LOVE the hat.

Becky said...

Love those pictures!
I tagged ya! :)