Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thank goodness hunting season is OVER!


If you know me, you know how I feel about meat and blood and guts. Ew! So, I am very excited that hunting season is finally over. But, my kids had a blast and so did Beau. There is not much in life that they love more than hanging out with Daddy in the mountains looking for deer. Megan was the very brave one this year, staying in a tent for 5 days in the freezing cold. They did have a tent heater and insisted over and over that they were toasty warm the whole time. Not my idea of fun...but I love that they have such a great time with Beau.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, I can't believe all that snow! They camped out in that? Hard to believe. They're crazy!

Joy said...

They did! I know! A camp trailer would be one thing...but a tent??? Crazy, I agree! In the mornings their water was frozen solid...so to make hot chocolate, they had to first thaw the water! I have a very tough husband who is turning our kids pretty tough too.

Kareen Bailey said...

Brr...I cannot imagine thinking that is fun! :) Hot weather with water is what I need to camp.

Annette Rose said...

Ok, serously? My I key doesn't work, by the way... so that s nuts... Go Meagan. thnk would rather dye... ok and how do you handle the whole meat thng? Does he brng t home for you to cook? YUCK!(no offense)

Joy said...

Heck no! I told him before we got married that I don't cook it, touch it, clean up after it, or eat it! No way! Yuck! He actually grinds most of it up and makes jerky with it, though. And, when he makes the steaks and stuff like that, he makes it...usually on nights I am not home so I don't even have to smell it.