Friday, November 7, 2008

I am Inspired

I know so many of you are not fond of Obama-or what he stands for. There are a few fundamental things that I disagree with too; but, to me he is inspiring. We are witnesses of a truly amazing time in history. Every day since the election I have found myself in tears just thinking about what having a black president means. We have come a long way. I don't pretend to know what it could ever feel like to experience racism. Until I lived in Arkansas I really didn't understand what all the fuss was about. I know that racism was never tolerated in the home I grew up in and didn't see it in my community. The past few days seeing the reactions of so many black Americans has touched me deeply. I love this clip of Sherry Shephard on The View and the Will.i.am (from the Black Eyed Peas) montage of Obama's New Hampshire speech at the beginning of his candidacy.



6 comments:

Kareen Bailey said...

I agree - he inspires me too. I am proud to be an American right now and am excited to watch him lead our country. I LOVED his acceptance speech!

Joy said...

I did too, Kareen. I loved McCain's speech too. They were both incredibly inspiring and McCain was so humbled and respectful instead of bitter and resentful. I loved it!

Dawn said...

I hope there is change in a good way! How cool that you took your little girl to the Palin event!

Annette Rose said...

So I am all for a black president, I think its awesome. However, what scares me the most I think, is it seems like the last few years we are getting so far away from our morals, and to now have a president that doesn't even believe in God... I don't know, its the fundamental principal this country was founded on... it just doesn't feel right to me. I loved that about Pres. Bush, he always turned to God it seemed like... But he, Obama, is definately a smooth talker and hopefully, things will go ok... Thats my two cents...

Joy said...

I get the fact that almost nobody in my life likes Obama but me (including my husband...that has made for some interesting conversations at our house) but I do know that Barrack Obama believes in God.

Kareen Bailey said...

My husband and I disagree about politics too. Interesting is a nice word to describe conversations - I like that!