Monday, November 3, 2008

Sarah Palin is Coming!

Sarah Palin is coming to Elko tonight! She is scheduled to speak at the high school at 10 pm. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to make it. Megan it dying to go, though. But, 10 pm on a school night for an 11-year-old? I don't know. As we have learned here in Elko with all of these political big-wig appearances, their schedules are very packed and they are often late. So, 10 pm could turn into 11 or even midnight. What do you think?

I just have to mention one more thing. I almost didn't put the little gadget on my sidebar that says, "Find Joy in the Journey." That is not a play on my name. I just saw it and it struck me. I think that is really where I am at in my life. I am finally realizing that I have spent too much time looking forward to this or that or wishing something were done already (i.e. school), but the whole point of life is to find joy in each moment, isn't it? Be happy where you are. Anyway, I love that message and I decided that I need to be reminded of it often regardless if it makes me look like a cheese because it includes my name. :)


2 comments:

Amy said...

Let her go!! AMY

Melanie said...

I would totally take her and go. How often is it that you get to hear these politicians speak? She'll probably remember it forever.

Wow, Elko is a hot spot for politicians!