Friday, February 15, 2008

Scary!


Can you see part of the yellow bumper under the car?

Posted by Picasa
Yesterday (Valentine's Day) morning I was taking my girls to school and this is what happened! Urgh! I was on a main street when this little yellow car, trying to cross the larger street on a side road t-boned me. It turns out that the 16-year-old girl was,
"in a hurry to get to school and just didn't see any cars"
Her exact words to the police officer. I'm not sure if they tell you in drivers ed not to tell the police officer at the scene of an accident that you were just in a hurry (and probably on your cell phone) but I would think that even a young girl would figure that out. To her credit, she was in a lot of pain and possibly in shock when the words came out of her mouth...but I have to admit that I was very happy by her admissions! It was clearly her fault. She had a stop sign, I didn't.
Megan and Brooke were both in the van and thank goodness, they were both sitting on the passenger's side that didn't get hit. None of us were hurt. The teenage girl I think ended up with a broken arm and hopefully nothing more serious.
I am so thankful to live near family! I was able to call my mother-in-law who came and rescued me!
But, there is still more to my Valentine's Day story.
When I got home, I had to call Beau (who was in class at the local college for work) to bring me his truck so I could get Chase to school and get the kids home from school. On my way to take Beau back to class he says, "Oh man, I was going to get you something for V-Day at lunch." (Totally OK that he waited until yesterday...I did too :) So, nothing from Beau. Understandable. It gets worse though! When we went to pick Beau up, each of the children had a special Valentine's Day surprise for HIM and nothing for their MOM! WHAT! I started some mock whining and got some positive attention. The children each dug into their goody boxes from their school parties to find me a sucker or cookie...so I guess it didn't turn out so bad after all.

14 comments:

Dyana said...

That really BITES! I am glad that your family is all well, Joy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dawn said...

I am glad that everyone is okay!

Joy said...

Oh and my daughter Megan had something for me but she accidently left it at school

The Giffords said...

Ouch!! Glad you are okay. But were in the heck are you. I haven't talk to you in a long time. I tried to call and now answer. Call me!!

Melanie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you are okay! I swear they should make a law where teenagers are not allowed to talk on a cell phone and drive at the same time! I have heard it is as bad as them driving drunk.

Annette Rose said...

Hey, I'm shocked. I can't believe that you are driving a mini van....! Does everyone drive a mini van... JK...your accident sucks! Glad it wasn't your fault and that everyone is ok...

Joy said...

They should make a law that teenagers can't use cell phones while driving!

Wait! Annette, do you drive a minivan??? Three kids does it to you.

Dyana said...

Hey Joy....did you feel that earthquake this morning? I hope that you all are ok....Love you!

Melanie said...

Oh, and it just wouldn't be me if I didn't inform you that "scarey" is actually spelled "scary". :) I think you're the only person who wouldn't be offended with me correcting you! That's why I can say it. I'll be putting up a blog soon and feel free to correct me on my mistakes. :)

Joy said...

Oh my gosh!!! No I am not offended and actually I rather miss you correcting me. It's been a while! What is even more scary is that I want to teach English to small children! I can't wait to see your blog!!!

Annette Rose said...

No, I do not drive a mini van! Jacob really wants one, but I just can't do it. Everyone I know drives one though.