Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hypocrite That I Am

I just had a moment...

Brookelynn was just in the family room hiding under a blanket shrieking at the top of her lungs in an attempt to get the dogs to howl (one of Beau's favorite past times-I'm not kidding). So the dogs answered by barking it up. So I yell through the house over the dogs, over the shrieking and hopefully under the blanket to Brooke to "STOP!"

Does it make me a hypocrite to yell at my kids to stop yelling??? I think it might.

Side note: Brookelynn agreed to let me post this only if I highlighted her name in PINK

6 comments:

Kareen Bailey said...

Hypocrite - No. Funny - Yes!

Annette Rose said...

I find myself doing that all of the time, and then in the back of my mind I remember telling my mom when she'd yell at us to stop yelling, that she was yelling so why couldn't I? Oh man.... I have turned into my mom... Or what about when I say, "Ky, go get your brother." and he yells, "Landon come here." and what do I say?... "I could've done that!" I swore I would never do some of those things.... "Life's not fair!" anyone??? :)

Joy said...

That reminds me of Megan. She will call me on all my unfairness, laziness, hypocricy...And, what is even funnier is that my relationship with Megan often reminds me of yours (Annette) and your moms. How weird is that??

Melanie said...

Oh, I have done this more times than I can count! But you have to yell in order for them to hear you over their yelling!

Annette Rose said...

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I wouldn't think it would be good, but maybe you remember it different than I do. I have some "mom" issues... they have come out full force since having my own kids I think... Ok, too much information?

megalonis said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was trying to make the dogs howl like my dad does