Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Top 10 Tuesday - 10 Things Beau Miraculously Fixed (in the past 2 weeks)

Over the past couple of weeks things seem to be falling apart at our house. So it is right now that I am particularly grateful that my husband is so handy. It seems there is no job too big that he feels the need to call a repairman. His parents taught him how to work and that he can do anything he sets his mind to. So here's the list:

10. The blender (the blender and I had a little mishap)

9. The garbage disposal (my fault too)

8. The flusher lever on the toilet (it literally just broke off)

7. Gutter (that froze this winter and fell off)

6. A gate on our fence (one of the kids swung on it and bent one of the brackets)

5. The dishwasher (was leaking)

4. A power window on our new car (rolled down and wouldn't go back up...the dealership said they would fix it but we bought the car in Utah 3 hours away...Beau took it apart and fixed it)

3. The washing machine (also had a terrible leak...Beau took the whole contraption apart, found the offending part, plugged the leak with some goo he had in his tool bag so I could use the washing machine while we ordered the new part, then eventually replaced the part)

2. Our 2 year old refrigerator (stopped working altogether, after searching on the Internet and taking it apart, found and ordered replacement parts and put them in and my fridge, hallelujah, is fixed!)

1. OK....so all of the above really happened in just the past few weeks...but there were really only 9 things he fixed, like with tools and stuff. And, being that this is a top 10 list, I had some other ideas. Like how nicely he "fixes" our bank account because he works so hard or how he "fixed" my sons attitude today or how he "fixes" my daughters spirits by being a loving doting dad. But I guess the truth is that it couldn't really be just 10 things, so I will leave it at this. Thanks babe!


5 comments:

JN Designs said...

It is so nice to have a handy husband that can fix everything! Sounds like you have had a fun few weeks!

JJ

Melanie said...

Wow, I'm really impressed with the power window. If there's one thing Jeremy detests working on, it's cars. I don't think he could have done that one. Way to go Beau!

Becky said...

Hey Joy, I tagged ya!!! Check out my blog to see.

Joy said...

Yes, Mel, I think he had the least confidence in the car window. It took some tinkering and google searching...but it is as good as new.

DeAynne said...

Thankgoodness for our husbands. Thanks for reminding me that I have some things for Kevan to fix to. He is going to LOVE me. Have a super day.