Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Top 10 Tuesdays

In the spirit of trying to be a fun blogger I have decided to do a weekly post called "Top 10 Tuesdays". This idea started with an idea inspired by VH1's top 100 songs of the '80's. I thought...I should think of my favorite 10 songs of the 80's! Then I thought I could think of lots of Top 10 ideas like, Top 10 Reasons to Vote for Barrack Obama (or not...really not decided on that yet), or Top 10 Recipes, or Top 10 Things To Do With the Kids this Summer. So here we go...my




Top 10 Favorite Songs of the 80's




10. Hot Blooded
Foreigner (please don't be shocked...fond memories from my oldest brother)




9. When the Children Cry
White Lion




8. Keep on Loving You
REO Speedwagon (love them!)




7. Queen of Hearts
Juice Newton




6. Jessie's Girl
Rick Springfield




5. Islands in the Stream
Dolly & Kenny (would any 80's list be complete without them...I think not)




4. Don't Stop Believing
Journey




3. La Isla Bonita
Madonna




2. Africa
Toto




And, finally...probably my favorite song of all time...




1. Leader of the Band
Dan Fogelberg




These are my favorites...there is a player at the bottom with all 10 songs. What are your favorite 80's tunes???

7 comments:

Ozzie Smith said...

I love Leader, it really speaks to me. Good song choices.

megalonis said...

It's true, my mom listens to "Leader of the Band"
EVERY SINGLE TIME WE ARE IN THE CAR!!!!!!
Unless It's a really short ride so don't be surprised if I don't like the song because listening to it so many times has like altered my brain to not like it.

Dawn said...

So funny!! We are big fans of #6! I love the idea of Top 10 Tuesday! Way to go on going back to school!

Melanie said...

Ooh, La Isla Bonita! Love that one!!! I also love Journey and Queen of Hearts. I copied you today, hope you don't mind!

Annette Rose said...

I love the 80's too! Good choices. I don't know that I could only do 10... I may steal your post idea too... Have you seen Music and Lyrics yet?

Joy said...

Please do steal the idea. Melanie has a good list too. There were sooo many great songs in the 80's that everyone has got to have a different top 10.

I haven't seen music and lyrics. It has been on HBO (I think) this month...but I just can't bring myself to watch. I'm not at all a fan of Drew Barrymore's and borderline on Hugh Grant. Maybe someday:)

Annette Rose said...

Ok... but in the first 5 minutes you will fall in love with the movie, if you love the 80's... if after 5 minutes you aren't in love, then you probably wont... Let us know if you decide to watch it!